Job Title: Executive Director
Job Location: 25997 Conifer Road, Ste. D3, Conifer, CO 80433
FLSA Status: Full-time (40 hours per week)
Conifer Area Chamber of Commerce (CACC) is seeking a dynamic, energetic, and mission-driven Executive Director. The Executive Director role will encourage, develop, promote, and protect the general business interests of the area, helping to create a thriving business community through meaningful connections, igniting growth opportunities and advocating for a healthy economic environment. This position reports directly to the Board of Directors. The schedule for the Executive Director is Monday- Friday but may fluctuate and will be required to some early morning, evening, events, and weekend work as needed.
The ideal candidate will have experience in:
- Relationship Building: Establish and maintain positive working relationships with others, both internally and externally, to achieve the goals of the Chamber.
- Creativity & Innovation: Develop new and unique ways to improve Chamber operations.
- Foster Teamwork: Work cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problems, and make decisions that enhance the organization effectiveness.
- Organization: set priorities, develop a work schedule, and monitor progress towards goals, and track details, data, information, and activities.
- Act as a key representative and advocate for business owners and employers in a community
- Oversee the day-to-day operations of the Chamber, including management of programs, staffing, membership and marketing efforts
- Grow membership, encourage retention of membership, provide marketing opportunities, facilitate networking and connections
- Engage and educate the community and local business about Conifer Chamber’s organization and its goals
- Including running Return on Membership and New Member Orientations
- Responsible for selling and retention of Chamber memberships through outreach and cultivating/maintaining strong relationships with our members
- Develop and maintain a robust prospect list with goals for member recruitment and retention
- Continuously seeks new and improved approaches for enhancing the Chamber’s membership recruitment efforts
- Create and manage Newsletters, Press Releases and author monthly articles for Canyon Courier, Colorado Serenity, and Your Mountain Connection
- Manage member news, job postings and community calendar submissions from members
- Assist Chamber members in taking full advantage of member benefits, programs, business resources, and networking opportunities
- Manage the recording and organizing of the client relation management system to include current members, new members, prospects, Board members, etc.
- Actively support and participate in all Chamber events and programs
- Sell sponsorships and all marketing opportunities to members
- Manage all logistics for the Monthly Membership Meetings, After Hour Mixers, Ribbon Cuttings, Annual Awards, etc.
- Monthly Membership Meeting- 2nd Thursdays, from 6:45 a.m.-9:00 a.m.,
- After Hours Mixers- 3rd Thursdays, 4:30 p.m.-7 p.m.
- Ribbon Cuttings- 4th Tuesdays, 11 a.m.-1 p.m.
- Promptly and effectively respond to prospects inquiring about membership with the Chamber, as well as answering inquiries regarding events, programs, and other engagement opportunities
- Provides outstanding customer service to all members and non-members, including but not limited to phone, in-person, written, verbal, and electronic communication
- Keep Chamber office and Visitor Center clean and stocked with information of interest to our visitors as well as keeping our membership information current
- Execute and manage special events with the Event Committee Chair: Attend meetings, manage social media promotions, sell event sponsorships and vendor booths, and encourage member participation in events and event committees
- Chair Ambassador Committee
- Sit on various committees and task forces, including Directory Committee, Events Committee, Marketing Committee, Economic and Business Task Force, Finance Committee, and Non-Voting member on the Board of Directors.
- Work with the Chair to prepare agendas and materials for Board of Director Meetings
- Develop and manage Educational Workshops and Classes
- This is not an exhaustive list of responsibilities and duties and may be amended within the nature of the job.
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications:
- At least 2 years of post-secondary education
- Minimum 2 years of previous customer service experience
- Experience in Fundraising
- Previous sales experience in a member-based organization/business
- Experience in client relation management software
- Ability to travel locally and occasionally within metro region
- Be able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Must be detail-oriented, organized, and flexible
- Knowledge of customer service and sales best practices
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
- Proven ability to work on a variety of projects simultaneously with strong project management skills
- General office skills including Google Suite and Microsoft Suite
- A respect for confidentiality
- Excellent customer service experience, working closely with clients and the community
- Resident of the foothills community preferred.
- Previous experience working with non-profits preferred.
- Experience with owning their own business preferred
- Must be able to view a computer screen and type on a computer keyboard for extended periods
- Must be able to stand, walk large areas, remain active, and work in an outdoor environment in all seasons and weather; including heat/humidity, cold temperatures, and/or wet conditions for various events
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to include weekends, holidays, and events
- Must be able to exert up to 50 pounds of force to lift, push, pull, carry, or otherwise move objects
Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the Job Title in the subject line of your email.
In your cover letter, please answer the following questions:
1. What are your biggest goals to grow a business community?
2. What do the following 3 statements mean to you? CATALYST for Business Growth, CONVENER of Leaders and Influencers, CHAMPION for Stronger Communities
3. Why do you want to work for a non-profit organization?
Employment will be contingent upon the passing of a background check. Review of applications will begin immediately. CACC reserves the right to close the position at any time.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The Conifer Area Chamber of Commerce provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.