Mission: We engage our community with essential services that empower all people to thrive.
Vision: A community that is healthy, secure, and connected.
Scope: Mountain Resource Center stands as the only nonprofit agency on the Highway 285 corridor, dedicated to offering a comprehensive range of services tailored to low-income residents in need. This agency takes a multi-generation approach, addressing the needs of both individuals and families. Its core programs encompass Community Health, Family Education, Case Management, and a Resale Store, all working in tandem to make a positive impact on the community.
Position Summary: The Marketing & Events Coordinator reports to the CEO and is responsible for MRC’s marketing strategy, branding, communications, and the planning and implementation of special events. This position also serves as an ambassador with external stakeholders and across the community.
Essential FunctionsCommunications (70%)
- Develop, implement, and evaluate an annual communications plan across departments in support of MRC’s goals, both programmatic and general operating.
- In collaboration with the Financial Officer, build an annual budget to support the communication plan.
- Create content for website and make sure it is updated regularly.
- Manage MRC’s website, making sure content is updated regularly.
- Compile, edit, and send e-newsletter on a quarterly basis.
- Produce a thorough and professional Annual Report for the agency, in both print and digital format.
- Produce high quality print and digital advertising and promotional materials for all major events, campaigns, fundraisers, agency stationery, etc.
- Identify and cultivate the most suitable advertising avenues for MRC programming, grant awards, and events.
- Ensure that all print materials and signage conform to MRC brand and are professional in nature. Print and distribute professional signage as needed.
- Communicate and coordinate with CEO, VP of Programs and Services, and other staff to receive information and updates pertinent to communications and marketing.
- Manage social media accounts to highlight and promote events, volunteers, donors, etc.
- Build and manage a catalog of communication assets including stories, photos, and videos of MRC’s work with participants and the community.
- Ensure all staff have appropriate email signage, name tags, and voicemail messages.
- Organize, manage, and act as the point of contact for all MRC fundraising events.
- Work with CEO on designing and monitoring event budgets.
- Prepare sponsorship opportunity documents and identify and solicit event sponsors, as needed.
- Manage all facets of special events (logistics, ticket sales, social media, decorations, catering, registration, set-up/clean-up, etc.)
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Accountabilities
The Marketing & Events Coordinator will demonstrate the following:
- Digital Marketing Literacy- knowledge of and experience with using common marketing software for website management, email campaigns, and social and print media platforms.
- Written Communication- must have superb ability to execute writing assignments across varying platforms to disperse mission-driven and uniform communication to all MRC stakeholders and community members.
- Attention to Detail- demonstrate excellent project management, organizational skills, proof-reading ability, as well as the ability to prioritize multiple deadlines and timelines for deliverables.
- Relationship Building & Interpersonal Skills- collaborate with staff to communicate program successes to external stakeholders.
- Resourcefulness & Initiative-approach projects and tasks with a self-starter mindset, ability to self-manage and utilize all available resources to seek guidance when necessary.
- Creative Mindset- proactively develops new ideas while soliciting appropriate staff and patron feedback to create relevant marketing content to serve an evolving organization.
- Research & Information Gathering- ability to seek out organizational and departmental information to create short and long-term communication strategies.
- Forward Facing & Professional- Ability to speak eloquently on behalf of the agency at community events.
- Cutting Edge- Ability to stay on top of marketing and development trends that will advance the mission of the agency.
- Willingness to accept feedback and adapt accordingly.
- Flexibility and ability to adapt to changing circumstances.
- Willingness to be flexible with work schedule.
- Participation as an MRC team player by attending staff meetings and other organizational events and willingness to share knowledge to advance knowledge and skills of others.
- Participate in ongoing professional development.
- Understanding and agreement to follow all policies, procedures & protocols of Mountain Resource Center.
- Conformance to a drug-free workplace, not be under the influence of alcohol and/ore other illicit drugs of abuse.
- A professional, positive, and polite attitude and relationship with other MRC employees, volunteers, clients, and customers.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Credentials, Experience and Qualifications
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience working in Marketing, Communications, or related field.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience with Event planning or management.
- Previous experience and proficiency in the following platforms: Network for Good, MailChimp, Canva, and WordPress.
- Proof and maintenance of proper legal authorization to work in the United States
- Pay rate: $28/hr
- Generous PTO
- Paid Sick Leave
- Short-term and long-term disability
- Life insurance benefits
- 401k with match
- Employer subsidized health, dental, vision benefits
Mountain Resource Center vows to be anti-racist and foster an environment of mutual respect and acceptance. Mountain Resource Center’s values and centers its work on,
•Empowering change •Embracing differences •Understanding and challenging systemic inequities •Achieving equitable outcomes for all communities • Supporting and encouraging personal and professional growth • Cultivating diversity • Valuing individual stories