ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT | PART-TIME
Founded in 1974, Center for the Arts Evergreen (CAE) has been a leader in advocacy and support for visual and performing arts in its surrounding mountain communities by providing programming, exhibitions, classes, festivals, concerts, and special events for the community.
The primary responsibility of the Administrative Assistant will be to support the management team in various administrative tasks and to serve as the first point of contact for all visitors to the Center. This position will work closely with all staff, designated committees of the Board of Directors, volunteers, and corresponding volunteer organizations, as well as artists, vendors, entertainers, and partnering entities to support the mission of bringing the community together through art.
- Warmly greet and provide visitors with information about CAE’s classes, events, offerings
- Manage CRM database for donors (NEON), members, and students
- Work with volunteers to manage membership communication (new member cards, membership renewals)
- Assist Executive Director and management staff with mailings, reports, and general administrative tasks
- Assist Senior Director with administrative duties for all exhibitions
- Recruit new artists/vendors, manage inventory, and create retail displays for The Painted Brush (CAE’s Gift Shop)
- Answer main organizational phone line and email address: tracking messages, answering questions
- Work with customers and clients at the front desk to identify their needs and ensure customer satisfaction
- Responsible for set-up and change-over of CAE’s main classroom
- Welcome students (and parents) arriving for class and get them settled in the classroom.
- Set up and tear down tables and chairs for meetings.
- Must have excellent customer service skills and a professional demeanor
- Excellent time management, communication skills, and attention to detail
- Ability to build productive business relationships
- Capable of working with internal and external teams and partners
- Positive attitude and ability to stay calm under pressure.
- Exceptional multitasking skills to manage multiple projects independently and consistently.
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite: Excel, Word, PowerPoint. (Mail merges, spreadsheets, etc.)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to lift up to 40 lbs.
- Working knowledge of social media is a plus
- Some experience with WordPress or other WYSIWYG web platforms is a plus
Compensation starts at $20/hr. This is a part-time position including some weekend and/or evening hours. Base hours will be Tuesday-Friday from 12-5 p.m. This position does have the potential to become full-time beginning in January 2024.
HOW TO APPLY
Please email a resume and cover letter detailing your related skills and experience to email@example.com with “Administrative Assistant Position” in the subject.